In March 2018, party members were emailed by Jeremy Corbyn about contributing to Labour’s policy consultation.
Building on our well-received general election manifesto last year, the National Policy Forum has published consultation documents on the following key policy areas:
- Towards a National Education Service
- The future of work
- A greener Britain
- Tackling health inequalities
- Achieving Sustainable Development Goals
- Protecting our communities and turning lives around
- Addressing in-work poverty and working-age inequalities
- Giving people the power to shape their local communities
They can be read online at www.policyforum.labour.org.uk/consultation2018
NPF reps are happy to come to your CLP to hold a policy session on some or all of these policy areas, please speak to your CLP secretary about contacting us if you want us to visit you in the next few weeks. They can then feed members’ views directly into the policy making process. Members may also make individual submissions on the Policy Forum website here:
They have also organised two regional events at West Midlands Regional Office that members can attend and you can sign up here:
The consultation ends on 24 June 2018. Please speak to your CLP secretary if you would like to invite an NPF rep to an upcoming CLP meeting before then, and they will do their best to ensure as many of us can attend.